I haven't actually tried making any New Year's Resolutions in the
past, so I don't have any idea how to start off, yet; here goes:
1.)
I'm going to try hard to control my
impulsive tendencies. By doing so, I can prevent future occurences of
binge eating, impulsive buying, and premature rash decisions. As a result, I
can lose my belly fat, beef up my bank account, and prevent those intermittent
periods of ruefulness I totally dread—all of these just by controlling my
stupid impulsiveness. I don't think it will be an easy feat to pull off,
however.
2.)
I'm going to be more active in my
advocacies. I haven't been able to actively pursue my advocacies in the
past because of study and work pressures. I will spend 2012 in relentless
attempt to prove that I can become a change agent in this seeming dystopia,
that I am capable of doing something that is worth emulating, and that I am
capable of reaching out to people in ways significant to their current
conditions.
3.)
I’m going to keep on doing the things I love
and improve on these without compromising my career growth. Writing,
playing the piano, teaching choirs, and singing. It may be hard to do all of
these well at the same time, but I’m going to strive to do so, irrespective of
wherever fate will lead me to.
4.)
I’m going to strive for more independence.
I’m going to be 21 this year, yet I feel that I still haven’t been able to
learn how to ‘truly’ live. I still have the whole world to discover, and I’m
not going to keep myself locked in my comfort zones forever. Sure, fighting for
independence may entail giving up things that have gotten used to and things
that give me comfort, but it’s a risk I have to take. And if ever I experience any
trials and tribulations along that path, I know I’ll eventually get by.
I won’t keep my list long, for fear that I might not be able
to accomplish all of them. This list is a good thing, however, because I will
never be able to successfully conquer change if I tackle it unplanned. And just
in case I might be able to forget, I’ll just look back on this blog and remind
myself of these ideals.
So here’s to me making my 2012 New Year’s Resolutions, and further hoping
that I will be able to keep them for more than a week (or so)!
0 comments:
Post a Comment