![]() |
| When I saw my name, I almost died. |
I passed the UP-PGH NURSING PROFICIENCY EXAM!
Okay. Now I can breathe... right after I jump up and down in a frenzied catharsis to finally purge all the nervous energy that has gotten me all worked up for the past few weeks. This relentless stressor has burgeoned to have become a parasitic entity that I'm so glad I can finally get rid of.
But seriously, THANK GOD I made it.
For the cynics, I will allow a certain degree of skepticism. After all, we are in the same boat. If you find the result difficult to believe, trust me, it has been harder for my mind to assimilate it than for my gut to digest tomato seeds. Reading back on my previous blogpost regarding the examination day, I realized that there can only be two possible reasons why I was able to pass despite the ruinous circumstances: it's either I'm really really smart, or I'm really really lucky.
Well, the latter seems more reasonable.
In any case, passing the exam does not guarantee me a position as a staff nurse in PGH, so festivities of any sort would be deemed premature and are even out of the question. Rather, I would have to remind myself that this status merely allowed me to ascend on the first step of a steep pedestal, wherein any wrong move can cause me to slide back down to ground zero where I came from--or as I would like to believe, where I truly belong.
I can't afford to be cocky. Not now, not ever.
That is why I'm setting my mind to be more goal-focused, always keeping sight of my aspirations while toiling to further mold my assets. If I lose my focus, I may lose everything.
Gee. Now that's a scary afterthought.
I may be one of the lucky few who passed this first stage, but I'm not the only one. From here on, it's a grapple with the burnish of them other survivors. Though it might be hard, I must strive to stand out if I want to make my way in.
I'll find my way.
Somehow...
But seriously, THANK GOD I made it.
For the cynics, I will allow a certain degree of skepticism. After all, we are in the same boat. If you find the result difficult to believe, trust me, it has been harder for my mind to assimilate it than for my gut to digest tomato seeds. Reading back on my previous blogpost regarding the examination day, I realized that there can only be two possible reasons why I was able to pass despite the ruinous circumstances: it's either I'm really really smart, or I'm really really lucky.
Well, the latter seems more reasonable.
In any case, passing the exam does not guarantee me a position as a staff nurse in PGH, so festivities of any sort would be deemed premature and are even out of the question. Rather, I would have to remind myself that this status merely allowed me to ascend on the first step of a steep pedestal, wherein any wrong move can cause me to slide back down to ground zero where I came from--or as I would like to believe, where I truly belong.
I can't afford to be cocky. Not now, not ever.
That is why I'm setting my mind to be more goal-focused, always keeping sight of my aspirations while toiling to further mold my assets. If I lose my focus, I may lose everything.
Gee. Now that's a scary afterthought.
I may be one of the lucky few who passed this first stage, but I'm not the only one. From here on, it's a grapple with the burnish of them other survivors. Though it might be hard, I must strive to stand out if I want to make my way in.
I'll find my way.
Somehow...
![]() |
| Passing the exam's just the first step. I still have a long way to go. There should be no mistake from henceforward--or else. *draws horizontal line to neck threateningly* |

.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment