This might come across as shallow, but I have made a milestone in my life today as a professional and as a faculty member...
I FINALLY GOT TO PROCTOR FOR AN EXAM!
It's funny because I had to proctor in the very same classroom I took my exams in just about a year ago. I can still picture myself in one of the seats, with that puzzled look one always puts on as the first question read. I laughed at my musings. I never thought I'd come this far within a very short period of time.
| Role reversal. How proctors view examinees. Actually an interesting sight. Too bad nobody fell asleep; then again, they aren't me. |
It took a considerable amount of adjustment from being an examinee to being an examiner.As the proctor, it was not just my duty to hand them their exam papers and make sure they do not cheat. I also had to make sure that the environment was conducive for unperturbed mental activity. It was tempting to chat and joke around with them (since they are my students, of course), but I had to keep my mouth shut for one and a half hour. Took some Herculean effort, if you ask me.
One thing I really liked about being a proctor is this sense of fulfillment in signing the test permits of the students. Weird, huh? Just a year ago, I was the student who would always plead to the teacher to just let me take the exam without a test permit because I misplaced it (and you need to pay 75PHP just to get a new one. Tsk. Crap, now I know why I was always broke!); now I'm the one vested with the authority to sign in them! Ha! But of course, because I know how it felt like to have no test permit on the day of the exams, I just let students who supposedly "forgot" their permits to take the exam. I'm such a Good Guy Greg!
| Students' best friend. That's right you better bring them during exams. Oh look, there's my signature! :D |
Still have midterms and finals to go! Yey me!
0 comments:
Post a Comment