Friday, December 16, 2011

It's my birthday in my past life

Happy 241st birthday to Ludwig van Beethoven!

Happy 241st birthday to me!

Ludwig van Beethoven, born on December 16, 1770 in Bonn, Germany, is considered by some to be one of the greatest composers who ever lived. Remove "one of the" from the previous sentence and you'll see how I would prefer to describe him--not just "one of the greatest", but THE GREATEST COMPOSER WHO EVER LIVED! He wrote some of the most beautiful, most heroic, and most evocative music written in the history of mankind. I doubt if anyone else can surpass the sheer genius of his music.

Too bad he had to pass away on March 26, 1827 at the age of 56, due to pneumonia. Tsk. Truly a great loss in the music world. Ever since that day, music has been going downhill. In behalf of our generation, sorry for what we done have to music Ludwig! :(

Ain't it a good thing, then, that you are currently reading the blog of his reincarnate. Ha-ha! :)

Here I go again with my delusions. Sometimes, I need to slap myself in the face and remind myself to wake up to reality; that I am nowhere near a fraction of the talent or the genius of this man; and that the thought of a mere talentless mortal to be his earthly successor could be sacrilegious to some die-hard Beethoven worshipers. But then, how do you honor a composer so great, so amazing, so genius, that you just can't over the reality of his existence?

Proclaim to the world that you are his reincarnate! Yeah, that made sense.

I'm not really sure, however, if I was really Beethoven in my past life. A Facebook application once told me I was a "Panda bear" in my past life. Hmm. Not really that musical, huh? So as to make a more fitting and realistic tribute to this great man, I just decided to call our new dog, "BEETHOVEN."





Ain't he cute? My dad found him on the streets together with his two siblings. They were abandoned by their mother; so in the spirit of animal welfare, we took in the three pups. This experience has been kind of a deja vu for me, as we've done the same to our two cats, Michelle and Max (both are males) for the past two years. Unfortunately, Beethoven's mom eventually came looking for them. Imagine our surprise when we found the three pups cuddled in the warm bosom of their mommy the next morning! Of course, we had to give them back to their mom, but I was already attached to Beethoven, so I decided not to let him go. Now, he's my puppy! I'll watch and see how he'll grow up. Maybe he could learn how to play the piano as well! (derp)


As long as I live, I vow to always keep the memory of Beethoven alive in all ways possible, even if I have to name all of my future sons after him.


*ding* Hey, that's a wonderful idea! :)




To everyone out there, please listen to this excerpt of Beethoven's symphony no. 9, 4th movement. One of the most beautiful music ever written. Truly the "ultimate pinnacle of human achievement", as what the top comment in the Youtube video rightfully claims. This music was one of my early inspiration in leading me to pursue the path of music. I hope it gets to do the same to a lot of young people in the generations to come.


Hail Ludwig van Beethoven, the greatest composer who ever lived!


(P.S. Thanks to those who rode along my delusions and greeted me a Happy 241st birthday!)

2 comments:

  1. As you seem to have a Good Ear.... Why don't you stop by Sometime...
    Lets see how good your Notes Really Are....And You See:
    "Art is a Three Letter Word" How Ironic xoxox

    http://www.thekundalini.org

    Love and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from other side of world! :)
    It is interesting you think you were Beethoven in your past life. I feel I would have so much to tell you, because I am connected with Beethoven (difficult explain). I don’t know do you believe for example spirit guides, angels or things like that, but believe or not, His Higher self (like soul) is on ”other side” but he is able to work with others from there. So if you need help, ask for it him, or if he actually IS you, ask directly your Higher Self. But yes, (I assume) he has reincarnation on earth right now, but is it you, I cant know that. Only you can know the truth by listening your heart. I would recommend you to spend every day time be in silence. Like meditate. Or go for a walk to the nature (what B used to do), somewhere, where you can really listen your inner wisdom.
    However the most important thing is accept who you are right now and realize, how unique and precious you are. No matter who you are in this life or were your pasts lives.
    You can freely choose how you react this message, again, listen to your heart.
    I hope bottom of my heart, you do what you love and enjoy your life!

    Greetings Heli

    ReplyDelete

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise