Friday, December 23, 2011

Of Joy

by: Jan Briane Astom
             ---> to his former lover


Where trees they reside,
By this old wooden bunk
Also lives my memories with Joy…
Beyond the trees sunk,
And that foul-smelling skunk,
Here lives my memories with Joy…

For every cajoling,
And mere shallow jesting,
I can hear the laughter of Joy…
For every sweet pickle,
Or a little wee tickle,
Resounds the sweet giggles of Joy…

For every wrist broken,
And times that she’s fallen,
I hear the queer sobbing of Joy…
For those bitter ryes,
Or those sad,
Sad goodbyes,
I cry by the moments with Joy…

For that last goodbye,
Was deemed just a lie,
Or so thought the gladness of Joy…
For then she’s consterning,
Of my hopeful returning,
To the trees and my memories with Joy…

For I never returned,
To the love that I spurned,
Though my heart be with Joy, I allude…
Them memories she burned,
By the moment she learned,
I’ve left this cruel world for good!
But then….
Stays my memories…

(I wrote this during a Press Conference about 4 years ago. It's weird how I could write something as miserable about love when I was supposed to be madly in love. It seems this poem was ahead of its time--a foreboding of what is to happen; an indicator that the relationship was not really meant to last forever...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise